Now accepting applications for Lansing No Fee 4-Year-Old Program
|LANSING NO FEE PRE-K PROGRAM|
The Lansing School District is proud to offer a free, state funded preschool opportunity for 4 & 5-year-old students living in the district. This five day a week, half-day classroom provides developmentally appropriate learning opportunities with an emphasis on kindergarten readiness. Students will be exposed to a learning environment where cognitive, social, emotional, physical, and language development are emphasized.
Bus transportation can be provided if needed.
|Is my child eligible?|
To attend the program, students must:
- Be four-years-old on or before August 31st.
- Live within the boundaries of the Lansing School District.
Students must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Family qualifies for the free lunch program.
- Family qualifies for reduced lunch support (Note: limited seats available).
- Custodial parent is unmarried at the time of enrollment.
- Student has been referred by the Division of Children’s Services for educational services.
- At least one parent was a teen when the student was born.
- At least one parent is lacking a GED or high school diploma at the time of enrollment.
- Student qualifies for services under the homelessness program.
- Student's first language is not English.
- Student qualifies for services under the Migrant Education Program.
- Student is developmentally delayed based on assessments (scores that fall at or below the 40th percentile).
Additionally, there are a few slots available for students who do not meet any of these criteria. If you are interested in your child attending this program next year, please complete the application below.
Students are considered in the order of applications received.
|How do I apply?|
If you are interested in your child participating in this program, to determine eligibility please complete an application.
Please fill out the application (link above) and return to:
|If my child does not qualify for the No Fee 4 Year Old Program, what are my options?|
The Lansing School District offers a peer modeling program in its special education early childhood classrooms. Students must go through the child find screening to be considered for the peer-model program. There is a monthly cost.