- Jazz Band Rehearsals this week:
- M/W Jazz Band will rehearse on Monday morning
- Tu/Th Jazz Band will rehearse on Tuesday and Wednesday morning
- The last day to turn in video submissions for objectives will be Friday, Feb. 28th
- Fine Arts Fair has been moved from May 14th to May 12th. Unfortunately, the high school scheduled Senior Awards night on the same night and we could not have that conflict happen. This date change was necessary to ensure that we are able to have a successful event. Thank you for your flexibility and understanding.
- If your student is participating in the LTMS Solo/Ensemble Festival, the performances times have been posted on Skyward, google classroom, and in our Facebook group. Please take a moment to check those out.
- On Feb. 27th and 28th Mrs. Jones and Mr. Vignery will be gone for our state music education conference. Students will not be playing on these days (with the exception of 9th hour jazz band). They will have an alternate assignment that they will need to complete. Best behavior will be expected while we are gone.
- I will be needing some parent help coming up over the next few weeks. If you can help with any of the following, please let me know:
- Solo/Ensemble Festival, March 11th – 1 parent
- MNU Jazz Festival (morning groups) – 1 parent
- KCKCC Jazz Festival (afternoon jazz) – 1 parent
- Morning Jazz Band Tour, May 8th – 2-3 parents (during the day)
- Afternoon Jazz Band Tour, May 15th – 2-3 parents (during the day)
- Parents: If you would be interested in helping with the first ever LMS Java Jazz Night on May 4th please email me at email@example.com. This would entail meeting a couple of times to go over what we need to do, divvying up jobs, and executing the event. I need 5-6 volunteers. Our first meeting would be after spring break. One of our LHS Band Booster officers will be here to help with the coordination as the HS has done this event for many years.
- 8th grade parents: Information handed out at the LHS Band 2021 Orlando Trip meeting can be found here: Orlando Trip Info Overview, Orlando Trip Chaperone Application. The commitment form and the $250 deposit check is due by March 12th. Please drop those off at the high school for Mr. Edwards. If you need to make arrangements for this payment or have any direct questions regarding the trip please contact Mr. Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org
Next concerts up:
March 5th - KVL Band Festival, time TBA, LMS Auditorium (7th and 8th grade only)
March 9th - 6th grade and Jazz Band Concert, 7pm, LMS Auditorium
March 11th - LTMS Solo and Ensemble Festival, time TBA, Lexington Trails MS (7th and 8th grade only)
March 12th - 7th and 8th grade Band Concert, 7pm, LMS Auditorium
General Concert Info:
Uniform for all concerts (except Fine Arts Fair):
Black Dress Pants
Black Dress Shoes
Black Socks (if needed with shoes)
-Polos can be paid for with Mrs. Painton in the front office if they have not already be paid for.
-More detailed information will come out a few weeks before the concerts.
-Concerts are required as part of your student's grade and their attendance at the full concert is expected. Please plan to stay for the duration of the concert to help us teach them proper concert etiquette as prescribed in our State Music Standards.
-Students who are not present at the concert and are considered excused (see band handbook for description of excused and unexcused concert absences) will have a make up assignment that they will need to complete to earn their concert grade. Students who are considered unexcused from the concert will not be allowed to make up the concert points.
Mrs. Jones has been the Director of Bands at Lansing Middle School and the Assistant Director of Bands at Lansing High school since 2005. She is currently also the KMEA Northeast District Middle Level Band Chair, the LMS Music Department Chair, and a member of the LMS Building Leadership Team. Outside of school Mrs. Jones is a 20 year member of the Army Reserves and currently serves as the Flute section leader for the 312th Army Band in Lawrence, KS. In her spare time Mrs. Jones enjoys running, reading, and spending time with her Husband, Stan, and her children Austin and Anna.
|Phone: 913-727-1197||Email: Becky Jones||Lansing Middle School
220 Lion Lane Lansing KS 66043
Asst. Band Director/Percussion Instructor, Lansing Middle School
Mr. Vignery joined the Lansing High School Band staff in the fall of 2007. Mr. Vignery is currently the Director of Percussion and Assistant Band Director at both Lansing High School and Middle School. He currently serves as a percussion consultant for the Olathe North Band Program and also runs the drumline for the Mid America Nazarene University band program. Prior to his current position, Mr. Vignery served as the percussion instructor for Lansing and Blue Valley North High Schools as well as assisting with various other schools in the Kansas City area. In his previous positions, Mr. Vignery has worked with a wide variety of ensembles including high school concert band, jazz ensembles, marching bands, pep bands, pit orchestras, middle school concert bands, elementary bands, small ensembles, and has taught private lessons to students in the Kansas City area.
Mr. Vignery grew up in Concordia, Kansas, and graduated from Concordia Senior High School in 2003. He then attended Kansas State University where he studied Music Education. While attending KSU, Mr. Vignery played in a wide variety of ensembles including: KSU Marching Band, Concert and Symphonic Bands and the Percussion Ensemble. Mr. Vignery is an alumni member of Phi Mu Alpha Music Fraternity and a member of the Percussive Arts Society.
Mr. Vignery is well renowned as an avid percussionist in the Kansas City musical theater community as he has performed over 45 musicals in the capacity of both musician and music director. He has performed at several theatres including the Carlsen Center, the White Theatre, the Kauffman Center and the Signature Theater in Manhattan, New York. Mr. Vignery is also very active around the Kansas City area playing with his band “The Boxley Brothers.”
|Phone: 913-727-1197||Email: Blake Vignery||Lansing Middle School
220 Lion Lane Lansing KS 66043