Video Q&A with LHS student council and administration regarding the school building closure
A tremendous thank you to Principal Rob McKim, Mr. Wes Cackler, Mrs. Kristie Wessel, and Mr. Dan Wessel for answering Lansing High School students' questions and concerns. Student Body President, Miss Kate Bircher, facilitated the Q&A session via Zoom. We hope you will find the below videos informative.
Lansing High School is encouraging students and parents to submit questions via the Google form below. We hope to do another video Q&A session to answer more questions in the very near future:
The interview has been broken into the following sections to more easily find the information you are looking for:
- Online Classes
- Sports / Extracurricular Activities
- Enrollment and Guidance
The questions are listed above each video and have been added to the screen, so you can scroll to the information you are interested in.
Online Classes (with captions)
- When do online classes begin, and how will they work?
- What should my daily schedule look like? (Will we be doing Zoom everyday?)
- How will elective courses work?
- How will we do finals?
- If a student needs to retake a test or make up an assignment from before spring break, how will that work?
- Is it possible that the health concern goes away and we come back to school?
- What do I do if I am sick for an extended period?
- What are the expectations for turning in work on time?
- How will the AP exams work?
Sports and Extracurricular Activities (with captions)
- What is the process for NHS selections? Will there be an induction ceremony?
- What determines eligibility for sports and activities starting in August ?
- How will we get gear that we already paid for in the spring sports?
- How will we get Varsity letters or bars from the winter and/or spring sports? What about Academic letters?
- How will school fees be refunded for spring sports?
- What is happening with band and choir?
Resources (with captions)
- What resources are still available for students and the community?
- How do we get things that are left in the building?
- If students do not have good enough internet connection to use Zoom or video chat, how will it work?
- What should students do with broken iPads so they can complete online school?
- When will seniors receive their Jostens orders?
- When will sophomores receive their class rings?
- When will we get our yearbooks?
- Where and when do students return LHS library books and text books?
Enrollment and Guidance (with captions)
- How will course credits work?
- What will happen with graduation?
- Will we still get to make our own schedules like we did last year?
- How will we schedule classes for next year?
- How will we receive transcripts?
- How will scholarships work, if guidance counselors have to sign off on them?